Monday, August 17, 2009

Precious Lexi!

I thought I would share a cute Lexi story. Lex has always been such a sweet, gentle little girl. She has a big heart and an even bigger conscience! It bothers her so much when she has done something wrong or made someone else upset. It even bothers her when other people aren't doing what they are supposed to do - so she is a rule follower to say the least! To top it off, she has totally stored away every lesson she has ever learned about how God would like us to behave! Gotta love her :)

So in our house there are certain words we call "yucky words". Not really swear words, but words that just don't need to be said by little girls who are too cute to say those things! One of them is "stupid". So one day I was talking on the phone to my friend Lori and the kids were playing in the next room. About 1/2 hour later, Lex joined me in the kitchen to help cook dinner. Here is the conversation that ensued:

Lex: So you know when you were talking on the phone you said a yucky word?
Me: I did? Oh Lex, I didn't realize that!
L: (very matter-of-factly) Yeah, It was the "s" word.
M: (already trying not to laugh) Oh bug, I didn't mean to do that.
L: Actually, you said it twice.
M: Lexi, I'm sorry honey, I really shouldn't have said that.
L: (with the straightest face a kid could possibly muster) Oh Mom, you don't have to be sorry to me - you should say sorry to God.

It was seriously all I could do not to bust out laughing. Thanks Lex for that little manners reminder!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hope you said sorry to God! Tee hee- I have been called out many a time for using that "S" word by my loves... Such a cute story- and I love the pic as well!
Hugs-
L

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I just read this post. Glad to see that I am a bad influence in your vocabulary!!! Although, I really really do use the word much less than I used to...thanks for helping me clean up my act Lexi!