Friday, March 6, 2009

Kenny is OLD!!! :)

February is full of birthdays for us. I was pregnant with my sister-in-law and one of my best friends at the same time and all our babies decided to make their appearance together on the 5th, 8th and 10th of February. So by the time we get to poor Kenny's birthday on the 13th we are usually all Birthday'd out! Seeing as though this year was a special occasion (aka that Kenny is old!), we made a special effort to make sure he got some proper celebrating!
The birthday person always gets to choose their meals for their birthday at our house, so of course, we had Taco Pie for dinner! Followed by the best part of the night, which was Kenny's cake (get it? almost to the "top" of the hill?!?!) . I was by far the most amused by the cake. Other people thought is was kinda funny, but I seriously couldn't stop laughing whenever I saw it....ahhh, at least I can crack my own self up! Later that night we went out with Sean & Lori to Lucky's in Novi. It was a great time and everyone had a blast playing their favorite games. Kenny was the big winner at Deal or No Deal and the ladies seriously helped with the ticket collectioin by playing the rediculously addicting token dropping game. And then of course we got things for the kids with our tickets! The celebrating continued the next night with Kenny's family in Columbus at Liberty Tavern. Kenny even got his own special tshirt that said "I got my bell rung at Liberty Tavern!" compliments of his sister Val. It was a good weekend and a fun celebration for a very deserving guy. Happy 30th Kenny...here's hoping the next 30 are just as exciting as the first 30 :) And so we embark on our thirties...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was wondering what that cake was about on FB! HAHA I get it now! Good one!