Saturday, May 16, 2009

You Might be a Little Crazy if...

So, yes, I am a little bit NUTS! I just might be Type A :) So now that I have admitted that up front - I can tell you my story!!! One of the new rooms in our house is home to some comfy seating and all of our books, so the kids have coined it the bookroom. Our bookshelf with the kids books just wasn't working anymore and it was driving me NUTS! You couldn't find a book to save your life and the kids were happy to pull ALL of them off the shelf to find one. So I decided to do something about it. I devised a new organization method and we switched bookshelves to one where we could spread the books out a little bit. We divided the books into catagories and color coded them with colored stickers. (Yup...I know...a little crazy!). The absolute best part about the project was how excited and into it Lexi was. She stayed with me the whole long afternoon while we worked on it and loved organizing with me. Tee hee...a little mini me in training :) It was a little bit of an undertaking, but when I caught the girls enjoying all the books they could now find, and Lex reading to Elyse - I knew it was worth it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you may have another new side job! You can come over to my house any day and organize my books!!! :-) Love it!! Not surprised at all my friend! Very cool!

JoAnna said...

My bookshelf needs some help! I love that you color coded, how cute!