Saturday, May 16, 2009

Matchers!

My goofy little girls think it's fun to wear clothes that match, which they call being "matchers". Outside of Christmas dresses, I don't often buy them outfits that match (and Kenny does not like it when I do!!!) so when I get the request from them to be matchers, it usually involves trying to find things that are alike, like jeans and pink shirts. So it was a treat for both of them when Nana got them an early Easter present - matching princess shirts and sweatshirts! They were thrilled on the morning that they both got to wear them. We decided to take a couple pictures to send to Nana over email with a "thank you" note and the girls were being absolute hams, so I got a few good ones. The picture of the two of them cracks me up because it is so indicative to me of their own distinct little personalities. I have no idea where Elyse got the idea to stand like that and I love that she is wearing her winter boots event though there is clearly no snow. Such an "interesting" little girl that Elyse!!! And then there's my Lexi - such a sweetheart and a great (patient) big sister. And of course, it makes me smile to see them hugging and loving on each other! Gotta love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the updates! And love Elyse's pose in the picture! Love that girl : ) Lori

Becky said...

Admit it. Elyse is standing like that because you let her watch Eminem videos.

Just kidding. The kids are adorable.

Mom to Alexa, Elyse and *Audrey* said...

You said it was okay if I let your kids watch the Eminem videos with her, right?!?! :)

JoAnna said...

Too CUTE!!!! I love it! Jaidyn wants to match Lincoln too!